- Processing of (multi)functional materials by conventional and unconventional lithographic methods.
- Design and fabrication of micro and nanostructured multifunctional devices.
- Surface functionalization and characterization.
- Study of the spatial confinement effect on the properties of self-organizing materials.
The laboratory of micro and nanofabrication is equipped with following instruments:
- Atomic force microscopy (AFM) Bruker Multimode 8 is used for morphological, electrical and mechanical characterization of organic, inorganic and biological materials.
- Optical microscopy (UV/Vis) Nikon Eclipse 80i equipped with a fluorescence module and a temperature-controlled stage (Linkam THMS600), and integrated with a digital camera. Samples can be analyzed both under controlled atmosphere and variable temperature (-196° - 600 °C).
- Potentiostat/galvanostat µ Autolab Type III/FRA2 Metrohm is used for electrochemical characterization of materials and interfa
- Mask aligner MJB4 SUSS MicroTec is used for the fabrication of micro and sub-micro structures by photolithography.
- Spin coater Laurell ws-650-6NNP/Lite is used to deposit thin film of soluble materials and photoresists.
- Air plasma cleaner PELCO easiGlow is used for cleaning surfaces.
- Automatic sputter coater Q150R - Rotary Pumped Coater is used to deposit gold films.
Location: CNR-ISMN Bologna